Saturday, October 04, 2008

Los Lonely Boys - An American Success Story

Watching Los Lonely Boys: Cottonfields and Crossroads on PBS tonight, which is the story of this great band, I realized that they are truly an America Success Story. Music is in their family going back generations; their grandfather played traditional Mexican music, their father was a 'renegade' performer who brought COUNTRY music to his Mexican audiences in west Texas. These 3 brothers moved far beyond their Mexican roots to incorporate country, rock, blues, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Hendrix, etc. into their music and make it all their own.

Do yourself a favor and give them a listen: http://www.loslonelyboys.com/

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have seen the Los Lonely Boys here in Austin, TX a couple times. I completely agree. I learn something new and I am totally impressed every time I see them. I am headed down to the South Padre Music Fest Oct31 to check them out again. Hopefully, they will put on an equally good show as they did at "blues on the green." keep up the good blogging:)